
I was so excited to go into the Louvre. It was my first time and one of those sureal moments of...wow, I'm really here in Paris going to enter the Louvre. I've studied the art and seen pictures of the Louvre and I was finally there. We had so much fun in this museum. You can spend a week in the museum and probably still miss something. We spent 10 hours in there, because we could (no whining). We bought the audio sets, which was like having our own personal humanities lesson. They were high tech sets that allowed you to take several tours from master pieces, to Italian artists, to sculptures, to antiquities. And we DID!! Here is just a bit of the great things we saw... (we have so many pictures)

Of course...the Mona Lisa. Okay some people are disappointed by the Mona Lisa...(it is smaller than you would think) but I wasn't! I thought it was incredible to be looking at a piece of art that I have only ever seen in a textbook. Once again, it was "wow, I'm in Paris looking at the Mona Lisa". And yes, the eyes follow you and the colors are incredible. The Leonardo da Vinci collections at the museum were amazing.

The Egyptian antiquities were amazing when you would stop and see the dates dating back to 3000 BC. This is a picture of the Sphinx (2620- 2500 BC). Their collection was like none other. We kept thinking it would end and it didn't.

This was one of our favorite sculptures (there are many to choose from) called "Victory of Samothrace (190-180 BC) this along with the "Venus de Milo (another favorite) were found in Greece.
8 comments:
Very nice! I like the title to your post. I like the art you posted about, very pretty and tender. It's nice to see pictures like that mixed in with the millon undressed ones. :-)
Loved it! I can't believe you spent 10 HOURS in the Louvre! You are the woman! I think I spent maybe three. :)
How fun, what a neat experience! What amazing adventures you all have been able to have. I miss you and love you!
I was so excited to find your blog. We miss you guys, it's nice to see what you have been doing. Next time you take the kids to Paris try out the Rodin museum. It's small, the sculpture is beautiful and it is in a great garden for kids to run around.
HOW amazing! I can't wait 'til J & I can do that trip, kid-less preferably. =) Must've just been absolute heaven!
(p.s. keep on posting! haha.)
What fun! You are lucky to have babysitters, even in Germany. Who was the angel who watched your kids for you? Can you send them to Ohio?
Wow!! I'm so jealous! What fun. I love that you were there for 10 hours. Nice.
Lovely pictures Lisa! I am so gla dyou are getting out and making the effort to do these fun things. I enjoy having Aubrey in my class!
Post a Comment